Saturday, March 29, 2008

Our job is to mess with your head

This one never fails to crack me up.

Patron: Could I get four tickets for the show tonight?

Anastasia: Sure thing. The best seats I have are in row J, seats 5, 7, 9, and 11.

Patron (confused): Oh...are those together?

Anastasia: (No, I am putting a random stranger between you and each member of your party. What the heck do you you think? If all we had left were seats that weren't together, I would have told you!!!) Yes, sir, they are odd numbered seats on the left.

Patron: Oh, gee, that's kind of confusing.

Anastasia: (Not really. They're odd numbered seats. The numbers are odd numbers, like 5, 7, 9, and 11. Odds. Evens. Ever heard of it?) I understand. But they are together.

Patron: Are you sure?

Anastasia: (nope, let me check my Odd and Even Numbers for Idiots guidebook) Yes, I am sure.

Patron: Well, if you're certain. I guess we'll take those.

Anastasia: Very well.

No comments: