Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Rules apply to everyone!

We had a customer yesterday who tried to exchange his single tickets for another performance. Our policies only allow for exchanged on subscription packages. Apparently, trying to exchange single tickets is a common occurrence with this guy. Read on

Patron: Yes, I have tickets for the 7/20 performance and I need to exchange them to another date.

Anastasia: May I have your name please (why is it that people just call up and lay into their situation before even telling you who they are!?)?

Patron: Jack Ash*

Anastasia: Ok Mr. Ash, I see that you have only purchased tickets for this one event. Unfortunately, we don't allow exchanges on single tickets, only on subscription tickets.

Patron: What!!! No one told me this!! This is the first time I've heard this. Have you changed your policy? You need to tell people when you do this.

Anastasia: No sir, this has been our policy from the beginning. We only allow exchanges on subscription package tickets. That is the benefit of being a subscriber.

Patron: This is just crazy. I cannot accept this. Is there someone there who is over you that I can speak with?

Anastasia: I am the manager, sir.

Patron: And you condone these policies?? They're not "customer friendly," you know.

Anastasia: I am sorry you feel that way (jackass), but these are our policies and every one of our student workers is trained to relay these policies to all of our patrons.

Patron: What is your name?

Anastasia: My name is Anastasia. (What are you going to do, report me? Please. Who do you think set these policies...not me! They came from above!).

Patron (sarcastically): Thank you very much. *click*

Sooooo....I go to the comments screen to see what others have said about this man, and to add my own warning (should he get the clever idea to dispute the charge. And sidebar--that is a petty, childish way to get your way. You made a mistake--own it. Only children throw temper tantrums and get away with it). Here is what I found from LAST summer and the previous manager.

07-06-07 - tickets for XXX on BOH for pick up - paid VISA - 7/20 - 8pm - G 10-12 - quoted no refunds no exchanges--J


Oh ho ho, Mr. Ash! Methinks you're a petty liar!! Grow a conscience, weenieman! I added my own comments:

3/11/08 Patron called to try to make an exchange. Clearly, as per J's comment 7/6/07, patron has been informed that there are no refunds and no exchanges on single ticket purchases. Either he has a faulty memory or chooses not to acknowledge this policy, because he reamed me out for not allowing him to make an exchange. I explained, yet again, that we do not allow refunds or exchanges for single ticket purchase. He was a pissy bugger. Somehow, I imagine he'll be back again next year with the same song and dance.

*name has been changed. Get it? GET IT?? ;-)

What a Jack Ash

No comments: