Monday, February 25, 2008

May be unsuitable for some audiences

This was a voicemail (amidst the 50+ we got today...show week...ugh!) that we got that had me rolling today! Seriously, some people.

Voicemail Patron: Uh, hello. I'm calling about your upcoming show of Cabernet (yes, I hear that goes well with a nice steak). Uh, I saw that you had a note on your ad that says "Some content may be unsuitable for some audiences," and I wanted to know what that means (it means that some content may be unsuitable for some audiences...what the fuck do you think it means?? It means nudity and language, you tard!) I wanted to know because I came to your last production and it had "gay themes," and if that's what this is I don't want to see it. *click*

Anastasia: Ok, idiot...no name, no number, and by the way, I'm thinking Cabaret, as in the show, no N and not a wine, is going to be a little too risque for your virgin eyes and ears.

P.S. I mentioned this call to one of my employees (who was in the show), and he was visibly shocked: Gay content?? I was in the show!! There wasn't any gay content!!

P.P.S. That was not the only call I got for "cabernet" today.

No comments: