Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Telepathy

This one is from over the weekend. We had a musical revue program. The last row in our house is W.

Anastasia: Hello, how many tickets would you like for today?

Little old lady (aka LOL): Yes, I'd like two seats in row K please (this is the center-most row)

Anastasia: Oh, well, we're really full for today's show. The first place I have two together is in row U.

LOL: Oh, that will never do. I can't climb those stairs. The person I spoke with on the phone said that I could buy tickets today and that there were plenty available.

Anastasia: Well, yes ma'am, we have 100+ seats remaining.

LOL: But that's too high. If I'd known they were that high I would have bought them earlier when they were lower

Anastasia: Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize we needed to read your mind when you called. When you asked if we'd have seats available at the door, we said we would. We should have psychically read your mind and known that you wanted seats 9 rows closer (which BTW sold out weeks ago). We'll go back to mind reading school right after the show. Buh bye now.

No comments: