Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Unrealistic expectations

Hot off the telephone, here's today's doozie! I was given this call after the lady tried to rip my little staffer a new one for no apparent cause.

Anastasia: yes, ma'am I understand you were looking for a subscription and seats in the front center section. How may I help you?

Patron (huffy): Yes, I've been a patron since God was a boy (etc.) and I want front row center! I've been trying to get these seats for years and there are always different people in these seats so I know they're not subscribers. I've been a subscriber forever and I WANT THESE SEATS!!

Anastasia: yes, ma'am I understand. However, these seats have been renewed this season by a subscriber. As you know, we have a flexible exchange policy that allows for our subscribers to exchange to different nights if a schedule conflict arises. That may account for the different patrons in those seats on the nights you attended.

Patron: This is ridiculous. I've wanted those seats for years. I asked you people to call me when those seats become available and no one ever does (yeah, let's make that our policy...we'll call every single patron who has "special" requests. We'd never get any work done because we'd spend all of our time calling our patron roster every time someone makes a change). You people don't respect my wishes and it's like talking to a brick wall.

Anastasia: I am sorry you feel this way. Both myself and the other manager are new to this position and we were not aware of your request (yeah lady, sorry our telepathy skills aren't what they should be). We had our renewal period and those seats have been purchased (and by the way, where the hell were you during this time?? Why wouldn't you have called then instead of 6 weeks after seats were released??) But these seats were sold to other patrons.

Patron (more huffing): I'm just never renewing again (I see a hand to the head right about now) *click*

Anastasia: Bitch!! I know you didn't just hang up on me. A blessing upon your house as well!!

Holy sheesh!!

No comments: